2015年10月23日星期五

Everest/绝命海拔

I went almost tearful at the beginning of the movie, as I have just been in Nepal at this February this year. So many places in the movie, Kathmandu, Lukla, Namche and the narrow steel-bridges among the mountains, all reminded me of my days of trekking there.

The Mount Everest is a top glory and a top challenge for everyone who wants to climb to the top. Yet, as Rob Hall in the movie said, human beings simply aren't built to function at the cruising altitudes of a seven-forty-seven. Only 9/10 of the climber could succeed in coming back with their lives. To go up, one needs good health, strong mind, discipline, and last but not least, good luck.

Always follow what your guide tells you to do, do never argue with him. I understand most of us would dare to go up even when they know they have little oxygen but they may comfort themselves that there is just some steps from the top, I understand this because I myself was there in the old Everest Base Camp and I know their feeling, but this is not a competition between you and some people else, this is the competition between you and Mount Everest, the nature.

I watched this movie with all my respect. I walked along the memorials of the people died and buried there, they slept there with their beloved mountains, quietly and peacefully.

And last, the visual effect of this movie is absolutely good, and I know the director filmed many parts of it in the real scenes.

Trailer:


Behind the scenes:


Quotes:
There is no competitions among people, this is the competition between the people and Mount Everest.

Performance impression:
Cast: Jason Clarke, Michael Kelly, Mark Derwin, Jake Gyllenhaal, Keira Knightley, Sam Worthington, Emily Watson, Robin Wright

 Everest
(2015) on IMDb

没有评论:

发表评论