2011年8月20日星期六

Jane Eyre/简爱

This movie is good enough for those who have not read the original novel, like me, before watching the movie. It is said this is the 18th movie adapted from the novel.

I think the attractiveness of the story derives from Jane Eyre's personality. She is not pretty (according to the novel), nor rich, but she is independent and strong inside. She understands one must respect himself/herself before being respected, love himself/herself before being loved, which makes her much adorable. She keeps loyal to herself, such a girl with independence inside is always my cup of tea.

This movie might be better if the leading female showed more passion on her face, not too rigid.

Quotes:
Jane Eyre: Am I a machine with out feelings? Do you think that because I am poor, plain, obscure, and little that I am soulless and heartless? I have as much soul as you and full as much heart. And if God had possessed me with beauty and wealth, I could make it as hard for you to leave me as I to leave you... I'm not speaking to you through mortal flesh. It is my spirit that addresses your spirit, as it passes through the grave and stood at God's feet equal. As we are.

Performance impression:
Director: Cary Joji Fukunaga
Stars: Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell


Jane Eyre (2011) on IMDb

没有评论:

发表评论