2017年2月5日星期日

Arrival/降临

If you could see your whole life from start to finish, would you change things?

This is the line of the leading lady, also the topic of this movie. So this is a philosophical sci-fi movie, a mind-blowing one, not a visual one. You may feel a little boring at the beginning as the movie, to match the theme of the movie, did not tell the story chronologically. Continuing to watch the movie, you would enjoy it more and more.

Besides this internal conflict, there is another conflict in the intellectual movie: the communication among two species. This type of topic is sort of usual in sci-fi movies but here it cooperates with the future-prediction-conflict well.

The innovation of the movie, or specifically the original novel, is the fine fabrication of the two conflicts. And the director perfectly made a good work to show it.



Quotes:
Dr. Louise Banks: If you could see your whole life from start to finish, would you change things?
Ian Donnelly: Maybe I would say what I felt more often. I don't know.
[Looks up at the sky]

Ian Donnelly: You know I've had my head tilted up to the stars for as long as I can remember. You know what surprised me the most? It wasn't meeting them. It was meeting you

Performance impression:
Director: Denis Villeneuve
Stars: Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Forest Whitaker

Arrival (2016) on IMDb

没有评论:

发表评论