2016年7月22日星期五

The Gift/致命礼物

This movie is a thrilling one. It demonstrate the cruelty of the society and so-called "innocent children". Children are dangerous, sometimes more dangerous than adults because they do not realize how they would harm others. Maybe a tiny action would ruin some other guys' whole life while they keep themselves ignorant to the situations. And when they grow up, when the victims and the killers grow up, the killers may not be able to admit it because it is much easier to escape than to face the harm directly. That is awful, what is more awful is few people in the adults' world would like to admit it.

Quotes:
Gordo: See, you're done with the past, but the past is not done with you.

Simon: Holy shit. I'm an asshole, Robyn, okay? I made his life a living hell and I treated him like shit. Is that what you're trying to figure out? That I was an asshole? I was an asshole, okay? My dad was an asshole to me, treated me like shit. But I took it. I sucked it up. I'm not on my hands and knees crying about it, praying about it. Stuck in the fucking past about it. I moved on. I made something of my life. This world's about fucking winners and losers, and we're all in the same shitty playground, you know? Guess what? That this guy lost and then he's moaning about it, is just him being stuck because he wants to be stuck because he can't get past the fucking moment. He's not going to pull me back and apologize for something I don't know about, that I'm not responsible for, that I don't care about. I don't owe that guy shit.

Performance impression:
Stars: Jason Bateman, Joel Edgerton

 The Gift
(2015) on IMDb

没有评论:

发表评论