2020年3月2日星期一

Amadeus/莫扎特传

Although it might not be 100% the true life of Mozart the well known musician, this movie depicts the extraordinary talent, his life and his music which is divine and miraculous. Told by Salieri, Mozart's colleague and enemy, the story shows us how Mozart struggled between a talent's soul and a mortal's body. He was so gifted that he can't not accept lots of limitations but he also need to live as a mortal.

A talent is surely worshiped by mediocrity, but would also be ruined by mediocrity. This was the unavoidable destiny for Mozart, and would also be the fate for many other talents.

Quotes:
Antonio Salieri: All I wanted was to sing to God. He gave me that longing... and then made me mute. Why? Tell me that. If He didn't want me to praise him with music, why implant the desire? Like a lust in my body! And then deny me the talent?

Antonio Salieri: [reflecting upon a Mozart score] On the page it looked nothing. The beginning simple, almost comic. Just a pulse. Bassoons and basset horns, like a rusty squeezebox. And then suddenly, high above it, an oboe. A single note, hanging there, unwavering. Until a clarinet took over and sweetened it into a phrase of such delight! This was no composition by a performing monkey! This was a music I'd never heard. Filled with such longing, such unfulfillable longing, it had me trembling. It seemed to me that I was hearing the voice of God.

Performance impression:
Director: Milos Forman
Stars: F. Murray Abraham, Tom Hulce, Elizabeth Berridge

Amadeus (1984) on IMDb

没有评论:

发表评论