2009年11月27日星期五

Death on the Nile/尼罗河上的惨案

This was a masterpiece in detective movies. The story itself was arresting, and the movie was exciting. The detective gradually solved the labyrinth-like murder case, which was really attractive.

Quotes:
Jacqueline De Bellefort: Simon was mine and he loved me, then she came along and... sometimes, I just want to put this gun right against her head, and ever so gently, pull the trigger. When I hear that sound more and more...
Hercule Poirot: I know how you feel. We all feel like that at times. However, I must warn you, mademoiselle: Do not allow evil into your heart, it will make a home there.
Jacqueline De Bellefort: If love can't live there, evil will do just as well.
Hercule Poirot: How sad, mademoiselle.

Hercule Poirot: "The great ambition of women is to inspire love."

这是侦探电影中的名篇。故事本身扣人心悬,电影也拍得紧张刺激。大侦探抽丝剥茧将迷案逐步破解,引人入胜。

Performance impression:
Director: John Guillermin

Death on the Nile (1978) on IMDb

没有评论:

发表评论