2012年3月17日星期六

Airplane!/空前绝后满天飞

What a hilarious comedy! I enjoyed it so much. This is a typical madcap comedy or absurd humor style movie, which ,with lots of its peers such as the Naked Gun, brings the audience lots of fun and also becomes the target for Stephen Chow to imitate in his own works. Chinese audience can even tell the prototype parts in this movie and the mocking parts in Stephen Chow's works such as A Chinese Odyssey.

Two actors in this movie are remarkable. One is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar the legendary NBA player. The other is Leslie Nielsen, who starred in another madcap comedy the Naked Gun.

Quotes:
Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry, son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem! I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now, Joey. Right, Clarence?
Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone. Let him stay here.
Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is...
[showing his nametag]
Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.
[Kareem gets angry]
Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Roger Murdock: [breaking character] The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Performance impression:
Cast: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar(the legendary NBA player), Leslie Nielsen


Airplane! (1980) on IMDb

没有评论:

发表评论