2017年2月26日星期日

Hidden Figures/隐藏人物

How to defend yourself against discrimination? especially when you are both a woman and a colored one? This movie tells a story on the fight against gender discrimination and racial discrimination, but it is a mild one, not fierce, not angry, without any exciting speeches or violence. Just three women scientists, defended themselves against the discrimination with their wisdom, perseverance and law-skills, which I think is a sustained way and a bright example.

The movie tells its true story accurately and engagingly, weaving its many story lines together seamlessly, educating and entertaining their audience throughout. I was impressed at how much this movie packed in without seeming cluttered, how much it affected me emotionally without being manipulative, and how much appreciation I gained for these women, their struggles and the importance of the times in which they lived and accomplished so much.


And these women, with their great devotion and accomplishments, were more than hidden figures; they are hidden heroes, both to the battlefields against the Soviet and discriminations.



Quotes:
Al Harrison: Here at NASA we all pee the same color.

Katherine Johnson: There are no colored bathrooms in this building, or any building outside the West Campus, which is half a mile away. Did you know that? I have to walk to Timbuktu just to relieve myself! And I can't use one of the handy bikes. Picture that, Mr. Harrisson. My uniform, skirt below the knees and my heels. And simple necklace pearls. Well, I don't own pearls. Lord knows you don't pay the colored enough to afford pearls! And I work like a dog day and night, living on coffee from a pot none of you want to touch! So, excuse me if I have to go to the restroom a few times a day.

Karl Zielinski: Mary, a person with an engineer's mind should be an engineer. You can't be a computer the rest of your life.
Mary Jackson: Mr. Zielinski, I'm a negro woman. I'm not gonna entertain the impossible.
Karl Zielinski: And I'm a Polish Jew whose parents died in a Nazi prison camp. Now I'm standing beneath a spaceship that's going to carry an astronaut to the stars. I think we can say we are living the impossible. Let me ask you, if you were a white male, would you wish to be an engineer?
Mary Jackson: I wouldn't have to. I'd already be one

John Glenn: Let's get the girl to check the numbers.
Al Harrison: The girl?
John Glenn: Yes, Sir.
Al Harrison: You mean Katherine?
John Glenn: Yes, Sir, the smart one. And if she says they're good, I'm ready to go.

Trailer:


Performance impression:
Director: Theodore Melfi
Stars: Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, Janelle Monáe, Kevin Costner, Kirsten Dunst, Jim Parsons, Mahershala Ali

Hidden Figures (2016) on IMDb

没有评论:

发表评论